Whiting has three decades of experience helping people and organizations solve difficult problems. Her distinguished and diverse 30-year career in the law has included advocacy, negotiation, advising, and mediation. Whiting began her career representing tech and financial services companies in purchase and sale transactions at two different Washington, DC law firms. Next, Whiting worked for an international commercial real estate services company on sales and development of multi-million dollar properties.
Since 2007, Whiting’s work has focused on helping lawyers and law students navigate stressful, high-stakes situations. As the dean of students for the University of Colorado Law School, she was the person to see if you were in crisis, were mistreated, or had a problem and didn’t know what to do. She brings genuine compassion and empathy, creative problem-solving skills, and a passion for equitable outcomes to every person’s problems, regardless of what the person did. This approach contributed to her receiving multiple awards during her years as dean of students at the University of Colorado Law School. In recent years, she has become more expert in trauma-informed support, child, adolescent, and teen challenges and resources, and mediation.
Whiting loves to compete outside of the courtroom. She has completed multiple ironmans, half-ironmans, marathons, and swim-run races, and this endurance sports experience is exemplary of the tireless support she brings to client representation.
Credentials and Recognition
- Distinguished Achievement Award from University of Colorado Law School Law Alumni Board, 2001
- Colorado Bar Association Member
- CBA Family Law Section Member
- CBA Mediation/Alternative Dispute Resolution Section Member
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado, 1996
- University of Colorado Law School, Juris Doctor, 1996
- Counseling coursework, Johns Hopkins University masters program, 2006-2007
- Williams College, B.A., English and American Studies, 1992
- Completed six Ironman triathlons, 10 Ironman 70.3 triathlons, 10 marathons, and multiple other swim-run, triathlon, and running races