G is one of the most dynamic litigators in Colorado. G has gone to verdict in more than 40 civil and criminal trials. He started his legal career practicing complex civil litigation, representing multiple Fortune 500 companies and working with some of the most notable and respected advocates in the Colorado legal community. During that time, G learned an exacting approach to analyzing and solving client’s issues. He represented clients on both sides of civil litigation matters, suing and defending major corporations in employment law, products liability, and premises liability cases.
Eager for more trial experience, G went to work for the Denver District Attorney’s office where he learned the ins and outs of how people are criminally charged, how prosecutors are persuaded to dismiss cases and give favorable pleas, what techniques result in acquittals at trial, and what mitigation judges consider. He knows how prosecutors and judges think and he uses that knowledge to help people accused of crimes. Most importantly G is fearless in the pursuit of favorable outcomes for his clients.
G has also helped high-profile individuals whose careers and reputations were at stake achieve discreet solutions to complicated private matters, including employment law, attempts to extort funds, and custody.
G last worked at the Colorado Attorney General’s office on civil and criminal fraud cases.
Born and raised on the south side of Chicago, G distinguished himself academically and athletically. He had two compelling careers before law school, and both prepared him to be the competitive and successful lawyer he is today. First, beginning in college, G played football at the highest levels. He was a collegiate Academic All American, Athletic All American, team captain, and then played professional football for three years and was inducted into two athletic halls of fame.
Next, G taught Economics and History to high school students, motivating students from all backgrounds to think critically and analytically. His classes had waitlists and his college prep students performed as well as honors students on placement tests. Every student of color G taught succeeded on the IB test. G also earned a graduate degree from one of the most competitive business schools in the country.
G’s advocacy skills are unmatched and he and Whiting founded Dimock Matthews LLC to use those skills to fight for professionals facing difficult situations.
Credentials and Recognition
- Colorado Criminal Defense Bar Association Member, DUI and Criminal Law Sections
- Colorado Bar Association Member
- Denver Bar Association Member
- Admitted to practice law in Colorado, 2016
- University of Colorado Law School, Juris Doctor, 2016
- Growth Mindset Award Recipient for Improvement, Initiative, Creativity, Courage, and Service, 2016
- Danielson Scholarship Award Recipient for Exceptional Contributions to the Law School Community, 2015
- Don W. Sears Award Recipient for Greatest Contributions to Classroom Learning Experience, 2014
- Faculty Scholars Scholarship Award Recipient, 2014
- Merit Scholarship Award Recipient, 2013-2016
- Black Law Students Association President, University of Colorado Law School, 2014
- American Civil Liberties Union, University of Colorado Law School Chapter Officer, 2015
- University of Delaware, Master of Arts, Economics and Entrepreneurship for Educators, 2007
- University of North Dakota, Bachelor of Science, Education, magna cum laude, 2001
- State Teacher of the Year Nominee (Twice)
- Hall of Fame Inductee, College and High School
- Professional football player, Defensive Tackle, NFL and AFL
- All-American College Athlete, Academic and Athletic
- Football Team Captain for Three Years